“First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!
Paul’s exhortation to Timothy is as timely today as it was when written almost 2,000 years ago . . . Pray on behalf of all men because God desires that all men be saved!
My message this month is meant to simply underscore that exhortation, and if you are reading these words, I exhort you to pray for the men, women and children of Los Angeles, that all might indeed be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth through Christ Jesus our Lord.
With that in mind, permit me to offer some “prayer points” for your consideration:
* Los Angeles is in the midst of a great spiritual battle, yet many slumber or are unable to discern the struggle that surrounds them. Please pray that God’s people will awaken to this reality. Pray that the Church will be roused to engage the Enemy in battle and that more will begin to intercede.
* At the front lines of this spiritual battle stand our pastors and ministry leaders. No one is more vulnerable to attack than they. Please pray for the spiritual protection of pastors and their family members. And pray too that they will be gifted with discernment in order that they might detect the works of the Enemy.
* The spiritual needs in our city are great, yet many are seeking paths that will lead them away from God. Pray for an awakening. Pray for a great spiritual hunger to fall upon the people of Los Angeles that will lead them to the knowledge of Jesus Christ. And pray against all those “idols” that act as hindrances to those whom God is calling.
* Los Angeles is a diverse city. As former Mayor Tom Bradley once said, “The world is coming to Los Angeles.” Well . . . they’ve arrived. People from all over the world now call Los Angeles “home”. Please pray for harmony in the midst of all this diversity. And pray that bridges can be built between these different cultures in order that the love of Christ and the news of His Kingdom might be shared with all.
* Pray for godly marriages. Pray that God would restore broken relationships and strengthen those who are weak. Pray especially for the marriages of our Church leaders.
* And pray that the work places of Los Angeles might become fertile ground where seeds of the gospel can be sown in peace.
Again I thank you for your willingness and desire to pray for our City. May He come soon!
Until the next time . . . yours because the tomb is empty,
Lyle Randles, Director of Prayer Ministry
LIFE CONNECTIONS INTERNATIONAL